Monday, November 13, 2006






The Washington, D.C. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial Ceremonial groundbreaking took place this morning. The specific location is Independence Avenue and West Basin Drive, adjacent to the FDR Memorial. I'm elated that a memorial of a man of color will grace the capital grounds. I wish MLK, Jr and Coretta Scott King, one of my first lady role models, were here to witness this event. I wish I was in D.C. today. For a virtual tour of the memorial please visit...
www.mlkmemorial.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me tell how that day was a great day! To see so many come to support this memorial, a memorial that should have been done a moment ago, was truly a spectacular moment!

I wish I could have been on site during the ceremony, but I had to be the office. I was a bit hurt when a co-worker turned DOWN the volume on the tv during the ceremony, but I must remember everyone does not see the beauty and compassion of this man and his efforts.

Let freedom ring!