Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm Still Standing!!!

Lord,
You are awesome, you are my King, my Father, my provider, my healer, and just my everything. I know there are so many things that I ask of you, but know that I am open to your will, and I am willing to make the necessary sacrifices to be in your glory. Thank you for the friendships you've brought into my life. I had a wonderful dinner with my friends at Champs on Saturday. I enjoyed spending time with Ebony, Monica, and Trish at WOCC's Blackout on Friday, and I am so excited about getting to know the other people I met that night. I know that I can complain about living in the Triangle, but I often feel like you've placed me here for a serious reason and everyday you show me something new about why I am still living here. Also, it's always nice to receive a call from Amber, Nakisha, and Ashley. Thank you for friendships and keep showing me how to be a better friend.

I know many people doubt you and the significance of worshiping you, but I do not need persuasion. To think that a guy thought I would change the way I show my love for you in order to date him. Whatever!!!!!! I shall NOT be moved. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. After listening to him talk I could not understand for the life of me how two people who have a different belief system and refuse to change or compromise on their beliefs think they can live happily in a marriage. Also, there are a few "wolves in sheep's clothing" who are trying to date me. Don't they know I can see right through them? Hmmmm. I shall not be moved. Thank you for bringing friendships with genuine men of God into my life, so that I can easily see those who need to go.

Thank you for placing me in a children's ministry. You placed me there not only to serve you, but to help me sew a seed into the lives of my future children, whom I'm praying for now. I"ve learned so much about children and about myself through this experience. My patience has increased tremendously. I see the type of woman you are preparing me to be, and I thank you. Those children bring a smile to my face. I love them. I have a feeling you are leading me to a career change. I'll keep listening.....

I pray that you heal the minds and bodies of my friends and family, that they see increase and your favor working in their lives, and that they come closer to you. I knew it was you when my linesister left a message saying that a friend of ours, who is really out there in the world, was coming to our church with her today. I was in shock. She and her boyfriend had been working on him for sometime now. Thank you!!

I pray that you keep beautifying my spirit and that I become more of a peacemaker and a steady force. Bring me to the place where change isn't as painful. You said my name is rich and woman of influence, and I believe you; however sometimes I don't speak it into existence enough. Please help me put more positivity into my speech and increase my confidence level. Help me to be even more patient, and please continue to heal my body.

Lord, help me to continue to forgive those who trespass against me, and forgive me if I've have intentionally and unintentionally hurt others. Everything that I am belongs to you. In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zaynah,
You always have a powerful word to speak and this prayer made me see a lot of things. Just by sharing this message you are a better friend and I am sure a better woman in the sight of God.

Love,
Chanelle

A Beautiful Life said...

Thank you so much Chanelle. I am so excited for you as you prepare to be an attorney! It seems like you just started school yesterday. Time is going by so fast. I can't believe we've been out of college for three years!