Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Writing a letter without mailing it is supposed to be a great mechanism for venting frustration toward someone or something.

Well, here I go.............

Dear Sallie Mae,

It was great at first. You gave me what I needed at the time. Know that I’m not blaming you, and as a matter of fact I thank you so much for helping fund my higher education. Unfortunately, I don’t want you anymore, and I am stuck with you. I feel sick when I think of the extra things that I could be doing if I didn’t have you. Thank you for the good times, and thank you once again for helping fund my education, but know that I can’t wait until the day that I don’t have to see you anymore. That day will be here before you know it, so get ready.....get ready to go!

Sincerely,

A one day lender, not a borrower

----------------------------------
People, please know that you are a “blessed somebody” if you don’t have student loans to pay back. My friend/Soror and I joked about our student loans and realized that we should be thankful to be in a place where at least we can pay them back. We are also thankful for our education.

Let’s all remember to be good stewards with our money as we are moving to a wealthy place. Stewardship is also important if you’re already at a wealthy place, and some of you are there.
-- “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; A man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” Luke 12:14-15.

Also, check out these great sites if you are looking for sound financial advice..................
http://www.blackenterprise.com/
http://www.suzeorman.com/

Love Ya!

2 comments:

A Well Destined Child said...

Guuurl....My mother swears by Suze Orman. Maybe I should watch her show or visit the link since you've officially "2nd" her recommendation.

But yes, for those of us who have student loan debt, please be thankful that we have this type of debt, rather than something we can't explain. For most us us, we have now been placed in a position where we can pay it back.

As a matter of fact, I just got a call today (at work mind you) notifying me that my "grace period is now OVER". Gotta start paying back that graduate school debt.

Saun said...

That was funny! I should write one of those. I call my debt my imaginary BMW. If I could pay that off my life would be fabulous. I guess I am lucky to be able to pay it back. I know people that stay enrolled in a school somewhere just so they don't have to go into repayment.