Thursday, May 24, 2007


This Isn’t Infatuation

I love waking up embraced by you.
You make me feel so secure.
I hold on to you and pray that you don’t let go.
I turn to you and greet you with a smile.
My love, I’m honored that you chose me.
Our journey has been worthwhile.

I love the way you take care of me,
And make sure my every need is met.
You’ve truly upgraded me,
And I am so well-kept.

Many women dream of being rescued by a knight,
But you actually saved me,
And you told me that if I got with you,
That everything would be alright.

You told me to never worry or fear,
For my battles you will fight.

My love, you make me feel so safe.

Many women dream of being chosen by a prince.
They spend a lifetime grooming and preparing,
hoping to be a princess.

Well the king chose me, even when I looked a mess.
Because of your favor and love for me,
I am now a royal heiress.
I bow down before you my king.

My love, I surrender my body to you.
I submit to your every request.
I love your leadership.
You cover me best.
How can I serve you my love?
Sure, if it so pleases the king.

I love our walk, the way we talk, the way you treat others,
And how you listen to me.
I love how you never break your promises.
My love, you set me free.

No one can love me the way that you do.
You know me so well.
I
couldn’t hide anything from you.
You are my love and my friend.

I know that a man will be in love with me,
And I will be in love with him too,

But Lord I know that his love,
Won’t compare to the love of you.
I know that people love me, and I love them too,
But Lord I know that their love,
Just doesn't compare to the love of you.
Lord, I love you.
Lord, I'm in love with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Absolutely Gorgeous! I have a companion piece at http://truthjourney.blogspot.com/2007/01/love-you.html#comments

Thanks for stopping by. Surely we can journey together.

A Beautiful Life said...

Thank you! Your piece is great.

Dangerfield said...

Great poem. This was a well written piece.

A Beautiful Life said...

Thanks Mark!