Friday, April 20, 2007

Beauty For Ashes (Isaiah 61:3)

I feel led to blog about how God has given various women (and men) beauty for their ashes. The closer I grow to Christ it seems as if he has positioned extraordinary and physically, spiritually, and internally beautiful women in my life. I am awed at their beauty. I also take plenty of notes =). I love complimenting them, but interesting enough some will say things like:
"You know, I think he gave me beauty for my ashes."

"I can't believe how beautiful I feel."

"I didn't look like this before I was saved. I thought I was pretty, but the way I look now is something I 'm not used to."

"The beauty that I thought I had before was not real beauty."

When I complimented a woman with five children who doesn't look a day over 25, she simply replied, "I don't know how I look like this. All I can say is he gave me beauty for my ashes." Last night as a pastor was praying he said thank him for the beauty for ashes. There is something powerful in how God beautifies us in our weaknesses, when we are humble, and when we remain faithful even when we are broken. I'm going to spend the next couple of blogs talking about Beauty for Ashes. Please feel free to share your testimonies about your Beauty for Ashes. Tell us he has taken you through a physical and spiritual transformation as you remain faithful and how others respond to your new beauty.

No comments: