Monday, January 15, 2007

Nice Guys Finish First!!!!!!

Life has been good. I went to a game party on Friday, and it was fun. I think I lost my black card, because I don't know how to play Spades =). I left the party early, since I had an exam on Saturday morning. I spent Saturday afternoon with my friend B. He told me that his first impression of me was that I was very antisocial. I'll admit that I can be very reserved, but once people get to know me, they realize that I am talkative and funny. B. now knows that I'm not antisocial. B., thanks for believing in second impressions. It was a good thing that we hung out, because he noticed that I needed new tires. I got them yesterday.

On Sunday I had a good after church talk with M. On Sunday afternoon T. came over and we went for a walk at Lake Johnson, since the weather was so nice. We are both fasting, so we had to take a couple of breaks to recover our energy, but we made it through the course. I am already slim, and I am loosing weight from this fast, so please don't think I'm anorexic when you see me.

We talked about the things we are believing for as we fast. I am believing for my father to be saved, to be in positions that are God's will for my life, to have zero debt, for the well-being of my friends and family, and for the safety and blessings of my future husband and children. T. and I also discussed how thankful we are to have supportive girlfriends. I'm realizing that there are so many females who just can't get along with each other. It's so petty and tragic. I've never been a girl who only wanted to hang with the guys. I need girlfriends.

K. called last night. It was so nice to catch up with her. We've grown so much in these last couple of years and joked on each other about how we used to be and the type of guys we used to date. Seriously K., what were we thinking? What were we smoking? How could we think it was cute to date a man who wants to be uncommitted, sleep with us, and talk to other people when we knew that wasn't what our hearts desired. I'm glad we've moved away from what can I do for him to what can he do for me. The guys we go out with and are attracted to now are so different from the guys we used to like. We've moved away from the arrogant brothers who look great on paper. We are now President and Vice President of team NICE guy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice guys have the following qualities: nice, value relationships, peaceful, chivalrous, leadership, and submitted to the word of God. They treat everyone well and seek to do good. They strive to be excellent husbands, fathers, brothers, sons, and lovers. They are leaders in their home and community. They are greatly appreciated by the beautiful women who love them. We're smitten by their heart and have no problems submitting to their authority in a marriage context. They may not always be a perfect ten on the physical level, but there is a physical attraction and their heart makes them drop dead gorgeous.

Nice guys, PLEASE don't change. You are where it's at. It's just that so many young women get caught up with the wrong type of men. They fail to notice you, even though they know in their hearts that they need someone like you. One day they wake up and realize that the guy of their dreams was there all along. They just thought of you as a friend, because the wrong guy had them sprung. Some women are fortunate that it's not too late, and the nice guy is still around. Others will live a good portion of their life in regret for not dating you once they realize the wrong guy never had intentions of marrying them because he had another girlfriend, fiance, was arrogant, or didn't have his life together. Then they see you get into a relationship and provide your wife with all the emotional, spiritual, and financial stability they hoped the wrong guy would give them. Another tragedy is when young women marry the wrong guy because they were sprung and deceived by their hearts. Now they spend the rest of their lives in the marriage from hell.

Although I do attract a better man now that I've matured, some of the wrong guys still try to date me. I am quick to tell them that I'm not interested. My instincts go on red alert when they come my way. My sign says "Only Accepting Applications from Nice Guys." Nice guys, you don't finish last. I know plenty of beautiful sisters who only want nice guys. Keep showing your interest and don't think that all women want a bad boy or thug. The women who want the wrong men are usually immature, so you shouldn't want to be with them anyway. Please stay nice. Know you deserve a woman who appreciates your love and kindness.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to add my two cents. If a nice guy labels himself a nice guy he's probably not. A nice guy will show he's nice through his actions.

A Beautiful Life said...

Very true! Always watch out for the charming guys who tell you how nice and good they are.

Brandon said...

I hear you ladies, but it seems that nice guys are still finishing last.

Unfortunately, it's not about guys being "nice" per se, but moreso that nice guys seem to come off as push overs or too passive, which a lot of girls find unattractive from what I've been told. I've actually heard that from the mouth of good girls.

I'm sure that's a narrow view, but just tossing in my 1 cent.

A Beautiful Life said...

Brandon, I definitely understand your point. A nice guy has leadership qualities (he can make a final decison) and knows how to say NO in a firm and gentle way. He would not let anyone take advantage of him either. A nice guy is the total package.

A pushover has some of the nice guy qualities, but he lacks the gentle confidence/swagger/leadership qualities/backbone that women find attractive.

The wrong guys are arrogant instead of confident and have take without giving leadership style.

A Beautiful Life said...

I wish nice guys weren't stereotyped as pushovers, but I guess that's the way it is sometimes.

Anonymous said...

As a woman who loves nice men, I have to say I have had my fair share of those who "claim" to be that nice guy, and when things don't go their way, they are gone.

The devil comes in wolves clothing, beware.

Some nice men are seen as a push over and that can be just as unattractive as a "bad boy," but a nice man will never allow anyone to push him into anything he doesn't want to do because he's strong and has character. We also should not think these men are push overs just because they do the little things, help people and are kind.

They are not push overs. They are men.

Rell said...

I feel you but I'm with B -- nice guys, we, still finish last. I doubt it'll ever change...

Anonymous said...

Man ladies I wish this whole nice thing was true. Nice guys may have a lot of ladies "friends" But most nice guy end up alone relationshipwise.

Even the good girls end up with the badder boy. They have more of that swagger and confidence that women like.

A Beautiful Life said...

My man will be a nice guy with confidence.